A to JazZ World Music Showcase
for European Emerging Artists part of the Upbeat Platform of World Music Showcases 06 July 2023 - Sofia, Bulgaria
Definitions, descriptions and conditions of A to JazZ Showcase
Please read carefully this important info before you apply
– European artist means that the artist/band members have to be a legal resident of one of the eligible countries of the A to JazZ Showcase / Upbeat showcase platform
– Eligible countries are all EU countries + Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Georgia, Tunisia, Ukraine
– Emerging artist is one who fulfills at least 5 of the below:
- Artist/band who has no more that 3 albums released
- Max 5 years passed since the release of their first album (of the applicant band/project)
- To have no more than 20 000 followers in the social media (on each channel)
- The average age of band members does not exceed 35 years
- The band / project haven’t been on an international tour of more than 10 gigs
- The band / project doesn’t have a contract with an international record label
- The band has up-to-date web presence (website and social media)
- The band / project had at least one concert at professional setting
– Application forms deadline is 08 March 2023 (Wednesday)
– A to JazZ World Music Showcase will select 8 bands for 8 showcase slots. The selection will be made by 5 jury members, part of the international delegates of the
A to JazZ Showcase
– Selected artists will be announced on 31 March (Friday) on A to JazZ website and social media. A to JazZ will inform all the participants for the results with and email to each applicant
All selected artists/bands will receive:
- 500 Euro* budget for travel / other expenses per band (only for international artists)
- 3 nights accommodation near the showcase and festival venue (walking distance) on 5th, 6th and 7th of July 2023
- free access to “How to showcase” and “Go to market” panels and feedback meetings with the delegates on 7th of July 2023
- free access to A to JazZ Talks Conference panels
- practical information sheet with detailed schedules, local transportation and hotel info will be provided.
! Sound check slots are on 6th July from 10:00 to 14:00 for the main stage and from 15:00 – 18:00 on the Night stage. If you are travelling on 6th July, make sure you’ll be available on spot to make your sound check in that time period.
! A to JazZ Showcase will provide a walking distance accommodation for the artist/band, but without commitment to be a specific hotel, Airbnb, apartments or other places. Please note that double rooms accommodation for sharing between the band members could be possible.
! A to JazZ will not provide meals for the artist/bands. This is responsibility of each artist/band.
! A to JazZ is a free entrance event. We are not going to earn money by the audience from the artist/bands performance.
! A to JazZ reserves the right to change the delegates, program and the showcase artists. If an artist do not follow the rules of the showcase written above, his participation could be cancelled without any consequences for the organizers and without the right to claims against them.
! Any artist/band is gives their consent to be photographed and rights to be broadcasted worldwide for promotional purposes of the showcase and the A to JazZ Festival.
! For further information, please email email@example.com A to JazZ Festival & Showcase is organized by AtoZ Foundation, UIC 176050569. Legal address: 10 Yuri Venelin Str., Sofia 1000, Bulgaria. Office address: 20 Oborishte Str., Sofia 1504, Bulgaria.